Monday, October 13, 2014

Kindergarten Drawing/Writing Center

So, we are well into The Connection Project in my Kindergarten classroom - just finished "The Everything" lesson.

In my district, here in CO, we get a 2 week Fall Break - I know, it's a HUGE blessing!  Since the Kinders just finished hearing/drawing about the dragon's vegetable garden & the dog spotting the flower, I thought when they come back from break it would be a good time to introduce our writing center.

Wendy provided us with 24+ student book boxes, a 3 section paper holder, & a crayon/writing station - shown here:


The students can use the crayons & supplies to make their own books - which will tell their own stories.  As we draw more and more, the students can create more and more books!  I can tell you from my limited experience last year (starting the project in Jan.), the writing center & book publishing was the most sought after center in my room.  The students couldn't wait to draw, label, and write pages in their books - about bunnies, ice cream, dragons, fire trucks...

It was quite amazing!

Happy Drawing & Writing,

No comments:

Post a Comment